Replacing the Riddell Warrior IIIx shoulder pad, the Rival features integrated deltoid pads and smaller, steamlined caps for increased range of motion for the shoulder.
- Flat Pad Design - Keeping a low profile means the cap - sits on the humerous - and epaulet - its on the crown of the shoulder pad - don't interfere with a player's helmet when rotating side-to-side.
- Corrugated Arches - Riddell's arches - the molded plastic that sits over the shoulder and on top of the padded liner - are enginnered using a design element called "corrigation" that stiffens and strengthens the structure to reduce weight without also reducing the protective qualities of the component.
- Front Deltoid Pads protect the deltoid muscle during contact.
- Z-Fit Belt
- Recommended Positions: All-Purpose Positions
- No Rival pads are available in Small, they are replaced by the JV Large pads